HireMiners is Here!
Missouri S&T’s Career Opportunities & Employer Relations office is proud to announce the transition to HireMiners, an exciting new recruiting system for students and alumni seeking full-time employment, co-ops and summer internships. HireMiners, powered by Handshake, replaced the former MinerJobs system and is now your one-stop-shop for launching your career!
You’ll use HireMiners to discover employers and opportunities, submit applications, and attend career fairs and other events. With HireMiners, your job search will be powered by the COER’s advanced online tools available on your mobile device, such as:
- Relevant feed of full-time, co-op and summer internship opportunities
- News feed containing the latest information from COER and your favorite employers you follow
- Resources specifically matching your interests
COER has preloaded some of your information into your HireMiners profile to help you get started, but please log in and verify the accuracy of the information and complete your profile at mst.joinhandshake.com.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Missouri S&T’s COER office for any questions you have regarding the HireMiners system or other professional development questions. You can reach COER at 573-341-4343 or by emailing email@example.com.
To Log in to HireMiners:
- Current students and Alumni:
- To get started on HireMiners go to mst.joinhandshake.com – this is very important so you can get connected to the correct school
- From here you can enter your @mst.edu email address or click ‘Sign Up for An Account’ at the bottom of the page
- Click the ‘Student/Alumni’ button
- Fill in your personal information and create a password
- Tip: When asked to enter your email please use your @mst.edu email address if you have one.
- Next, you should see a screen asking you to confirm your registration.
- To confirm your registration, click on the link that you received in your email.
- Tip: If you don’t find your confirmation email, please check your spam folder. To prevent future emails from being sent into your spam folder add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts.
- Once you’ve confirmed your email address, you are registered as a student and may now log in to complete your profile!
For information about HireMiners privacy settings, please click here.
Welcome to Missouri S&T HireMiners
HireMiners is Career Opportunities and Employer Relations's campus recruiting system for students and alumni seeking full-time employment, co-ops and summer internships.
HireMiners is the campus recruiting system you will use to post your jobs, view online resumes, schedule and pre-select candidates for interview sessions, reserve room reservations for campus recruiting, request presentation/information meetings, and register for Career Fairs. Our students and alumni use this system for full-time, co-op and summer job opportunities. Missouri S&T's COER office does not service third-party agencies, and they are not allowed to register to access HireMiners or register to attend the Career Fairs. You should disable any popup blockers when using this site.
To activate your HireMiners account each semester, edit your profile and verify your demographic information. Your account will be activated within two business days. Update your profile early in the semester so you are aware of all job opportunities posted. Login to HireMiners to report your full-time job, co-op or summer internship. The 'report a hire' URL is found on the left hand side of your screen as soon as you log into the system. HireMiners Privacy Settings
Recruiting Assistant (A-M)
After completing her B.S. in Animal Sciences from Missouri State, and working in diverse industries – from insurance to agriculture – Sara found COER as her home base in 2006. Sara loves working with students and staff, but her favorite part of her job is forming friendships with employers over the years. Her primary roles are acting as administrator for HireMiners, scheduling on-site interviews, responding to the diverse needs of employers, coordinating the Career Fair, and reporting employer recruit annually and end-of-semester. Sara is a 19th century history buff who loves to be outside doing yard work and landscaping. She is also an avid fan of AMC’s The Walking Dead.
Recruiting Assistant (N-Z)
If your company starts with N-Z, your recruiting assistant is Julie Mayfield. Julie started at S&T in 2012 and found COER to be a perfect fit. Her passion is helping people, and she enjoyed interfacing with the team, students and employers. Julie’s primary roles are helping employers post positions on HireMiners, scheduling interviews and part time jobs for students, and organizing our Career Fair. When Julie is not busy working towards her human services degree, you can find her enjoying the outdoors with her husband Tim, son Holden, and their newest addition: a shelter Chihuahua mix named Quinn.