Spring 2017 Career Fair
Join us for the Fall 2017 Career Fair
Day: Tuesday, September 26, 2017
Time: 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
Location: Gale Bullman Multi-Purpose Building
Transportation to the Career Fair will be provided by a USA Tours bus; look for the Career Fair sign in the window! The bus will make stops in the following order; Miner Village, Fraternity Row, Thomas Jefferson, back parking lot of Residential Commons and University Commons, and Gale Bulman. Please use MinerTrax to track the bus.
- Update your MinerJobs profile.
- View employers hiring in your field in MinerJobs.
- Create/update your resume and have it reviewed by a COER advisor.
- Student ID is mandatory to enter the fair.
- Bring several copies of your resume.
- Professional dress is required.
- Long lines and congested walkways.
- The gym is hot at peak times.
- Anticipate 3-5 minute exchanges with a recruiter.
- You might have to apply online through a potential employer’s website in addition to MinerJobs.
- Research employers you are interested in visiting.
- Know why you want to work for them.
- Know why you are the best candidate.
- Arrive prepared to explain why you are a good fit for the company.
- Wear a long sleeve shirt with a suit.
- Make sure your shirt is pressed.
- The tip of your tie should touch your belt.
- Wear dark socks that reach mid-calf.
- Leave your suit jacket unbuttoned.
- Monitor amount of cologne you use.
- Shoulder length or shorter hair appears most professional. Pull long hair up neatly.
- Pant and skirt suits are acceptable.
- Skirts should be worn no shorter than just above the knee and no longer than mid-calf .
- Always wear nylons/pantyhose.
- Use classic simple jewelry.
- Monitor amount of makeup and perfume.
- Project enthusiasm.
- Offer a firm handshake.
- Always make eye contact.
Have you heard? Approximately 500 students utilize the suit closet each year at Missouri S&T. By supplying students with professional attire, we are giving them a better chance of obtaining a full-time job, co-op or internship. Check out the suit closet.