Pre-Register to Skip the Line (STUDENTS)
Save time and skip the line by pre-registering for the Career Fair. Once approved, you will be able to pick up your name tag early and gain access to a priority entrance at the Career Fair, where you will only be required to swipe your student ID and meet professional dress requirements.
Day: Tuesday, February 19, 2019
Time: 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
Location: Gale Bullman Multi-Purpose Building
Map: View map of employers (PDF)
Conquer the Career Fair
- Student ID is mandatory to enter the fair.
- Bring several copies of your resume.
- Professional dress is required.
- Long lines and congested walkways.
- Anticipate 3-5 minute exchanges with a recruiter.
- You might have to apply online through a potential employer’s website in addition to HireMiners.
- Research employers you are interested in visiting.
- Know why you want to work for them.
- Know why you are the best candidate.
- Arrive prepared to explain why you are a good fit for the company.
Look the Part
Have you heard? Approximately 500 students utilize the suit closet each year at Missouri S&T. By supplying students in need with professional attire, we are giving them a better chance of obtaining a full-time job, co-op or internship. Check out the suit closet.
- Wear a long sleeve shirt with a suit.
- Make sure your shirt is pressed.
- The tip of your tie should touch your belt.
- Wear dark socks that reach mid-calf.
- Leave your suit jacket unbuttoned.
- Monitor amount of cologne you use.
- Shoulder length or shorter hair appears most professional. Pull long hair up neatly.
- Pant and skirt suits are acceptable.
- Skirts should be worn no shorter than just above the knee and no longer than mid-calf .
- Always wear nylons/pantyhose.
- Use classic simple jewelry.
- Monitor amount of makeup and perfume.
- Project enthusiasm.
- Offer a firm handshake.
- Always make eye contact.