An experience of a lifetime
Our internship program gives students the opportunity to gain valuable experience while making professional connections. We have great industry partners who actively seek our students for internship opportunities within their companies.
Internship benefits include the following:
- Make contacts for future employment
- Learn more about different aspects of your industry
- Apply classroom theory to real work situations
- Gain an understanding of workplace culture
- Learn career-related skills
- See if a selected career path is one you truly enjoy
- Enhance and strengthen your resume
Internships are confined to the summer months and can be paid or unpaid depending on the company.
Did you participate in an internship during the summer? Have you received an offer for a co-op or internship for 2018? You can now report your Experiential Learning in HireMiners.
• Log into your Handshake account
• At the top of the screen, you will see “Career Center” select “Experiences” from the drop down menu. Click the “Request an Experience” tab located at the top of the Experience screen
• Select “Internship-Summer only” as the Experience type
• Please enter the requested information on the page
• Click on the “Request Experience” button at the bottom of the page to submit the experience
• Select the blue “New Attachment” button on the left hand side of the screen to attach the required offer letter
• After submitting the Experience you can review the information. If you find an error, edit the Experience and update the submission.